Hours are flexible and based on tour bookings. Tours generally last for 1 hour. Guides are paid $50 per tour. Guides meet the tour groups and bus drivers at predetermined locations. Guides share history and culture with tourists aboard the Double Decker Bus as the bus is driven through the town and university. Tours may be held on Saturdays, but not during football season.
|Location|| ||107 COURTHOUSE SQUARE|
OXFORD, MS 38655
|Employee Type|| ||Non-Exempt PT|
|Job Category|| ||Visit Oxford |
|Name|| ||Joe Scott|
Visit Oxford is currently looking for new tour guides to guide the Historic Double Decker Bus Tour. The tour guides are the voice of Oxford, MS, providing tour groups with all of the fun, culture, and history that the city has to offer. Being a Double Decker Tour Guide offers the opportunity to be a part of the very fabric of our town, and experience performing as the voice of Visit Oxford, the city government, and Oxford itself.
Visit Oxford is the tourism information center of Oxford, founded January 1988. To market and sell Oxford, Mississippi as a destination for travelers for the economic benefit of our community.
Required skills and experience includes, but is not limited to:
- Hospitality experience (educational or professional)
- Performance experience (stage or otherwise)
- Public speaking experience (educational or professional)
- College level course work from Hospitality, Theatre, History, or Communications field
Preferred skills and experience
- Public speaking experience with large groups
- Experience guiding tours
- Undergrad in Hospitality, Theatre, History, or Communications field
If interested in the position, email your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com