|Location|| ||107 COURTHOUSE SQUARE|
OXFORD, MS 38655
|Employee Type|| ||Non-Exempt FT|
|Job Category|| ||Police Records Clerk|
|Name|| ||Taylor Gex|
Job description statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job title. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
This position is subject to the City of Oxford's Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace Policy
Background Check Requirements: This position requires a background check upon hire.
To perform a variety of tasks in support of the police records function; some knowledge of modern law enforcement principles, procedures, techniques, and equipment required.
Work directly with the public and other police personnel by taking complaints and inquiries over the phone and in person; and to record, file, retrieve and assimilate a variety of data related to the effective functioning of the Police Department. Report to and receive direction from the Administrative Services Supervisors. Maintain close working relationships with all department staff and City staff as necessary.
General supervision is provided by the Administrative Services Supervisors.
High school Diploma or GED.
Six months of general office experience; type at a speed necessary for successful job performance.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES
Must have or be able to obtain a valid State of Mississippi driver’s license within 30 days after employment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Pertinent databases and coding systems.
- Modern office equipment, procedures and methods.
- Pertinent federal, state and local laws, codes and regulations.
- Business letter writing and basic report preparation.
- English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Principles and procedures of record keeping.
Using computers and pertinent software to input and retrieve data.
Successfully interacting with a diverse range of people.
- Tactfully respond to requests and inquiries from the general public.
- Listen carefully, understand and follow directions.
- Prioritize work.
- Maintain confidentiality in the performance of duties.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
• making observations
• communicating with others
• reading and writing
• operating assigned equipment.
Maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities that may include the following:
• Sitting for extended periods of time
• Bending, stooping, twisting and reaching above the shoulder
• Occasionally lift and carry objects weighing up to 34 lbs