Computers, computer hardware and software, etc.
Physical work involved with this position includes, but is not limited to, walking, standing, and sitting.
|Location|| ||107 COURTHOUSE SQUARE|
OXFORD, MS 38655
|Employee Type|| ||Non-Exempt FT|
|Job Category|| ||Public Works Department|
|Industry|| ||Computer Technology |
|Name|| ||Taylor Gex|
The Computer Technician is an entry level, full-time permanent position in the Public Works Department. The Computer Technician works regular hours year-round with occasional overtime and night meetings. There is no shift work for this position. 65% of the work for this position is indoors, 35% is outdoors and requires work done in all types of weather conditions. There is no exposure to chemicals and/or hazardous materials. The stress level associated with this job is average.
Purpose of Position
To provide Computer related support for the City of Oxford.
The immediate supervisor for this position is the IT network analyst.
Provide Technical Assistance and Computer Related Support (50% time)
- Provide day to day administrative support and operations to IT network analyst
- Respond to phone, email, or walk-in requests for technical assistance
- Maintain City of Oxford website by updating information on a frequent basis
- Provide support for desktop related issues including: setup of new computer hardware (Windows/Mac OS based), hardware issues (printers/scanners/other) and updates, application installs, service/warranty maintenance, software problem resolution and updates, client-side e-mail issues, mitigation of virus/spyware/malware activity
- Respond to media/technology needs for presentations, meetings and other events
- Assist in management of Windows Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, file sharing, network security and other related services
- Creation/backup/maintenance of various SQL/MySQL databases for local software and web-based scripting usage
Perform Other Duties as Directed
Formal application, rating of education and experience; Oral interview and background investigation; and job related tests might be required.
The duties listed above are intended to be used only as an illustration of various types of work that may be performed. The Omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and the requirements of the job may change.