|Location|| ||107 COURTHOUSE SQUARE|
OXFORD, MS 38655
|Employee Type|| ||Non-Exempt PT|
|Job Category|| ||Oxford Conference Center |
|Name|| ||Taylor Gex|
Oxford Conference Center - Job Description
Part Time Event Coordinator
Management of Oxford Conference Center events primary on nights and weekends. Will assist with social media marketing.
The event coordinator will receive supervision from the Event Manager
The incumbent has no supervisory responsibility.
- Manage and work events as scheduled (primarily afterhours and weekends)
- Assist with all social media accounts
- Manage catering and OCC beverage service for events
- Set up and manage AV equipment for events
- Update OCC website “event calendar”
- Remove trash from building
- Set up HVAC, fountains, and lighting for events
- Lock and secure building after events
- Perform other duties as directed including office work
- Run errands for Oxford Conference Center
- Assist Event Manager in coordination and planning of events
- Working bigger events during the week such as conferences or trade shows
- Maintain the interior and exterior of ConferenceCenter buildings as directed
- Assist with set up and tear down of events
- Clean bathrooms/kitchen when needed
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Proper grammar and proper use of English in speaking and writing
Mathematical skills, including addition, subtraction, division and multiplication
Skills and Abilities:
- Must work flexible hours but primary on nights and weekends
- Ability to follow room set-up diagrams. AV knowledge is helpful.
- Work autonomously
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Knowledge of Social Media including Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
- Communicate effectively with customers, manager, other employees, etc
- Deal with others in a professional manner
- Maintain professional composure in heated situations
- Follow policies and procedures
Valid Mississippi Driver License
Tools and Equipment Used
LCD Projectors, drop down and portable screens, visual and audio hook ups, laptops, computers, and microphones. Staging, dancefloor, tables and chairs, linens, table skirting, beverage equipment, also janitorial tools such as mops, brooms, vacuums, and cleaning supplies.
Physical work involved with this position includes, but is not limited to, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting and bending.
85% of work is indoors in climate-controlled environment. 15% of work may be outdoors in temperatures ranging from 45 degrees F to 100 degrees F.
Formal application, rating of education and experience; Oral interview and background investigation; and job related tests may be required.
The duties listed above are intended to be used only as an illustration of various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.