The Hostess/Host is responsible for providing superior service to both internal and external guests. All employees are required to practice the customer courtesy skills to ensure our guests are afforded a remarkable experience. Ensure guests are seated promptly and their payment for the dining experience is handled accurately and the Tap Room is well maintained.
|Location|| ||551 State Route B|
Saint James, MO 65559
|Employee Type|| ||Non-Exempt PT|
The following statements are intended as general examples of the duties of this position and are not all-inclusive for specific positions. Other reasonable duties may be assigned.
- Ensure at all times operating principles are being adhered to:
- Clean – Keep all areas clean and pristine.
- Safe – Follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Friendly - Use customer courtesy skills to provide superior guest service.
- Fun – Have fun! Be interactive with all internal and external guests while maintaining professional standards
- Interact with all guests and employees to positively affect the guest/employee experience. Demonstrate resiliency dealing with difficult guests in all types of business conditions. Work effectively and courteously with fellow employees.
- Responsible for providing superior guest service including but not limited to seating and greeting the guest.
- Controls the seating of guests as appropriate to ensure the best guest experience.
- Takes reservations (if applicable) in a timely and efficient manner.
- Routine manual labor including but not limited to clearing of tables, moving tables and chairs, dust mopping, sweeping, wet mopping, vacuuming and simple operation of basic equipment.
- Aware of proper alcohol service based on the laws of the state and the policies of the company.
- Completes all company-required training within designated time frames.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Ability to use all equipment associated with the position, including, but not limited to, POS Systems, telephone, carts, tables.
- Ability to work independently with little direction.
- Ability to stand, bend and move for extended periods of time.
- Ability to observe and to give appropriate feedback.
- Ability to work in areas exposed to all temperatures, dust, and use of stairs.
- Ability to communicate effectively with guests and all levels of employees.
- Availability to work scheduled work days, 7 days a week, varied work schedules and holidays.
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Ability to read, write, understand and follow instructions.
- Good oral communications skills.
- Must be able to work well with others and respond to people in a timely manner.
- Ability to perform assigned job duties under frequent time pressure in an interruptive environment.
- Always maintain a pleasant, friendly, and welcoming attitude at all times.
- Must be able to receive and maintain all required certification.
- Must complete all required company training.