The Accounting Clerk position is to primarily provide accounting support to St. James Winery and Public House Brewing Company in the areas of order entry, accounts receivable, and accounts payable.
The Accounting Clerk reports to the Controller and handles all transactional processing of orders, accounts receivable, and accounts payable for both entities. The position works closely with all departments in both entities.
|Location|| ||540 STATE ROUTE B|
Saint James, MO 65559
|Employee Type|| ||Non-Exempt FT|
|Job Category|| ||STJW - Finance|
|Minimum Experience|| ||2 Years|
The following duties are typical for this position. Employees may not perform all of the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth below to address business needs and changing business practices.
- Receive and distribute incoming mail.
- Open all invoices and payments received and handle accordingly.
- Accurately file all sales order, accounts receivable, and accounts payable documentation.
ORDER ENTRY – SJW and PHBC
- Handle incoming sales orders. Ensure that sales orders are entered in a timely manner. Coordinate any product availability and shipping issues with warehouse, production, sales and/or distributor.
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE – SJW and PHBC
- Invoice shipments in a timely manner after product has shipped and shipping paperwork has been received. Ensure that quantities, pricing, and freight on each invoice is accurate.
- Receive payments on account and follow up on accounts receivable issues.
- Record daily cash deposits for all companies.
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE – SJW and PHBC
- Receive all a/p invoices and follow the invoice to the proper person for approval.
- Match up purchase order documentation with invoices.
- Process all invoices for payment.
- Prepare weekly check run to pay outstanding invoices that are due.
- Print daily cash activity from US Bank and make sure that all transactions have been recorded.
- Assist with month end process as needed.
- Reconcile case goods inventories at month end.
- Maintain reports for excise tax purposes for bottlings and removals.
- Prepare monthly wholesale reports for required states.
The following generally describes the knowledge and ability required to enter the job and/or be learned within a short period of time in order to successfully perform the assigned duties.
Education and Experience Guidelines:
Education/Training: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting or related field or an equivalent combination of experience
Experience: 2 years of experience preferred
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
These conditions are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment with frequent interruptions.
Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an officesetting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach,and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate officeequipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computerkeyboard and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
See in the normal visual range with or without correction.
Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.